This is a comparison tool for savings, personal loans, and mortgage rates, daily cross-institution foreign exchange rates, as well as bank fees currently applied/ charged by commercial banks and other institutions across Jamaica’s financial sector. The service was first offered in August 2010 and will be updated every month with notification of the applicable dates. The rates are based on online research and telephone surveys over time. They are provided based on the availability of information at the time of research and are therefore not exhaustive. Any further information may be obtained by going to the respective institution’s website.
**CHANGES AS AT NOVEMBER 4, 2019**
Our center provides financial literacy and bank comparison tools for the public to broaden their awareness, and improve their options in terms of finding the financial institutions most suited to their needs. The financial literacy aspect of the service will remain free permanently. However, to support the maintenance of our website, the cost for data collection, and other work to provide this unbiased resource, you are now required to pay subscription fees for monthly or annual access to the full Current Rates menu. You may also register for free membership to access other parts of the website, such as the commercial banks listing, and other features on free offer from time to time. Because of our commitment to philanthropy and social/ economic impact investing, your subscription fees will go back into supporting our continued investment in the financial education and empowerment of Jamaicans.
SELECT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
- Free Membership (one month trial period)
- Silver Membership Subscription (US$4.99 per month)
- Gold Membership Subscription (US$47.88 per annum)
ONCE REGISTERED, SELECT THE DROP-DOWN MENU TO:
- Compare Regular Saving Rates (applied by Commercial and other banks)
- Compare Loan/ Borrowing Rates (charged by Commercial and other banks)
- Compare Mortgage Rates (charged by Building Societies & Commercial Banks)
- Compare Daily FX Rates (by Authorized Foreign Exchange Dealers and Cambios)
- Compare Bank Fees and Charges (charged by Deposit-Taking Institutions)
- Other product types/ rates – Coming soon